Welcome to Buttercup Corner. Please share your thoughts!


What can we do to promote world peace?
"Go home and love your family."
-Mother Teresa

Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Woodland







Finally a new felting kit added to the shop! After receiving a request for a felted doll kit, I designed this Spring Woodland Fairy in honor of the violets carpeting our woods. The kit includes everything necessary for beginning needle-felters. I wrote explicit instructions accompanied by detailed photos of the whole process. She is needle felted from pure wool and mohair roving, some of it hand-dyed by me. (Note the matching handspun yarn) I love the multi-purpose nature of roving. Makes me want to start spinning again...

Yesterday we had an incredibly blustery day, and C was delighted to take her new fairy out to fly. We are enjoying lovely weather here today, so back outside to swing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed with how ethereal the felted doll turned out. Very appropriately a woodland fairy.

Teaching Handwork said...

I'm adding you to my blog list...hope you don't mind...your creations are wonderful!